Christiane “Nanni” Gschwender
What is Craniosacral Therapy?
Christiane Gschwender, affectionately known as “Nanni”, has recently moved to Canada from Germany to be closer to her grandmother. Born and raised in Germany, Nanni practiced as an experienced Physiotherapist, Animal Osteopath and Craniosacral Therapist before moving to Canada.
Nanni’s passion is to support both humans and animals in living a holistic and healthy lifestyle. She offers craniosacral therapy because it assists people in coming back to themselves by presenting the opportunity to relax and activate the healing process. This gentle therapy calms the mind, loosens tension, increases energy levels, and brings more awareness to the connections between body, mind and soul.
Everything in the body responds to the craniosacral rhythm.
How Craniosacral Therapy Works
The Craniosacral Rhythm
Craniosacral Therapy is based on understanding the continuous subtle movements of the cranial bones, which result in a rhythm of approximately six to twelve cycles per minute. Just like other body systems (for example, the circulatory or respiratory systems), the craniosacral system has a motion all its own. This motion is known as the craniosacral rhythm, which is understood to be a response to cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) fluctuations within the spinal cord and brain environment. The subtle movement extends outwards to the entire body, in response to the fluid pressure changes around the Central Nervous System.
- Help to restore normal cranial mobility
- Releases abnormal myofascial restrictions and tensions in the body
- Releases abnormal restrictions in the head
- Eases restrictions of nerves
- Optimizes cerebrospinal fluid movement through the central nervous system
- Helps to restore misaligned bones to their proper positions (assisting troubles associated with the head, back, neck, hips, shoulders, arms, hands, knees and feet).
Craniosacral Therapy helps with:
– Birth traumas and other perinatal challenges
– Infant latching and feeding difficulties
– Recurrent ear infections
– Facial asymmetries and eye motor problems
– Learning disabilities, A.D.D. and A.D.H.D
– Gross and fine motor problems
– Developmental delays, autism
– Depression and anxiety
– Concussion, and post concussion symptoms
– Tinnitus, hearing loss and vertigo
– TMJ syndrome
– Stress disorders and insomnia
– Muscle and joint pain or injury
– Many neurological conditions and pain syndromes.
Nanni also does craniosacral therapy on animals.
Payment & Fees
Prior to Your Appointment
Prior to your appointment you will be asked to fill out an intake form to share information specific to your problem and prior medical history. This form will be sent to you electronically when you book your appointment. It can be filled in using a computer or mobile device and then submitted electronically to go directly into your chart to be reviewed at your first visit.
Craniosacral Therapy – Adults
75-Minute Initial Assessment: $90
75-Minute Follow-Up Session: $90
Craniosacral Therapy – Infants & Children
60-Minute Initial Assessment: $90
60-Minute Follow-Up Session: $90
HST is charged on Craniosacral Therapy appointments. Payment options include Cash, Debit, Visa or MasterCard.