Christiane “Nanni” Gschwender
What is Manual Osteopathy?
Osteopathy is a manual form of holistic therapy that aligns the layers of the body’s structure to help the body function as it’s designed to. The human body inherently heals itself and seeks to maintain balance within and between the various systems of the body. Manual Osteopathic Practitioners use manual approaches to reduce and resolve strains, stress and dysfunction in all areas of the body, in order to support the natural healing mechanism of the body.
Manual Osteopathic Practitioners assess and treat using a gentle, hands-on approach, where an acutely sensitive sense of touch in their fingertips helps them discern imbalances and misalignments in the body’s structure, function and rhythms.
Christiane Gschwender, affectionately known as “Nanni”, has recently moved to Canada from Germany to be closer to her grandmother. Born and raised in Germany, Nanni practiced as an experienced Physiotherapist, Manual Osteopathic Practitioner, Animal Osteopath and Craniosacral Therapist before moving to Canada.
Nanni’s passion is to support both humans and animals in living a holistic and healthy lifestyle. She offers manual osteopathy because it assists people in coming back to themselves by presenting the opportunity to relax and activate the healing process. This gentle therapy calms the mind, loosens tension, increases energy levels, and brings more awareness to the connections between body, mind and soul.
Osteopathy recognizes the important link between the structures of the body, and the way it functions.
Philosophy of Osteopathy
The philosophy of Osteopathy is based on four basic principles:
- The human body is a unit: The physical, cognitive, spiritual, emotional and social systems of the body don’t work independent of one another – they work in harmony.
- The natural flow of the body’s fluids – lymphatic, vascular and neurological – must be preserved and maintained.
- Structure and function in the human body are reciprocally interrelated: Each structure in the body supports the body’s functions.
- When the body has no restrictions, it has the inherent ability to heal itself: Manual Osteopathy ensures that the fluid channels and nerve pathways are open to potentiate the body’s ability to heal.
Manual Osteopathy helps with:
– Back, knee, neck pain
– Tennis elbow
– Digestive issues
– Postural problems
– Sleep issues
– Pelvic, hip and leg problems
– Postural issues due to pregnancy
– TMJ syndrome
– Stress disorders and insomnia
– Muscle and joint pain due to injury.
Nanni’s beautiful treatment room xo.
Payment & Fees
Prior to Your Appointment
Prior to your appointment you will be asked to fill out an intake form to share information specific to your problem and prior medical history. This form will be sent to you electronically when you book your appointment. It can be filled in using a computer or mobile device and then submitted electronically to go directly into your chart to be reviewed at your first visit.
Manual Osteopathy – Adults
75-Minute Initial Assessment: $90
75-Minute Follow-Up Session: $90
30-Minute Follow-Up Session: $50
Manual Osteopathy – Infants & Children
60-Minute Initial Assessment: $90
60-Minute Follow-Up Session: $90
30-Minute Follow-Up Session: $50
What to Wear
Nanni will assess the quantity and quality of movement of your joints, muscles, and tendons, as needed. Please wear loose, comfortable clothing so that assessment and treatment can proceed without restriction, and so that you are comfortable during your session.
HST is charged on Manual Osteopathy appointments. Payment options include Cash, Debit, Visa or MasterCard.